How to start my process and how long will it take?
  • The first step is to determine the program or study area and the country that most interests you
  • Select the institution you will be applying for and hand in all your documents
  • It usually takes between 3 to 9 weeks, depending on the requirements of the university and the specific program you’re applying for
  • You need to consider that the full process will take from 6 to 12 months, including applying for scholarships, obtaining visas, arranging travel, and preparing for your trip
What documents do I need to apply to a study program?

This may vary depending on your level of study.  Among the main and basic ones are:

  • Certified High School or Bachelor’s Degree (in original language and translated to English by an official translator)
  • Certified High School or Bachelor’s Transcript (in original language and translated to English by an official translator)
  • English Language Certification (TOEFL IBT or Academic IELTS)
  • Passport
  • CV in English
  • Two recommendation letters
Where can I translate my documents?

One of the great advantages you have at The Gate Education, is that we count with our own NAATI (National Accreditation Authority of Translators and Interpreters) certified translator.  If you wish to use another translation service, we will guide you and provide information on certified expert translators with whom you can have your documents translated in your place of residence.  Another option is that many universities, through their school services office, can offer this service (you can ask your own university if they provide it).

How do I certify my documents?

If your previous studies were in Mexico, as official representatives of various educational institutions, we can certify your original documents (we can only certify your academic documents and your passport).  If you are applying for some type of scholarship or financing that requires you to certify documents of another type, you must go to a notary public.  

If you are from another Latin American country, you will need to get your documents apostilled.  Depending on the country you are going to study, you might be asked to bring your original documents with you to present them upon arrival. We will indicate this to you at the time, according to your process and the country and institution in which you are going to study.

Are there any scholarships available to study overseas and how do I apply?

There are scholarships available depending on your study level and the country you will be studying at.  There can be partial scholarships offered by the academic institution, the government of each country, or a private funding institution.  Most of the scholarships are available for postgraduate studies. 

To apply for a scholarship, you will first need to be admitted to the program of your preference.  Please contact a The Gate Education advisor to guide you through the admission process and support you with scholarships information.

Are there any discounts for courses?

When you apply through The Gate Education, you can access some discounts for different types of courses from the institutions we work with, such as Language Courses, Certificates and Diplomas, and even some Postgraduate Degrees, for Latin American students. 

How much does it cost to apply with The Gate Education?

The Gate Education doesn’t charge any fees for our services, although, there might be application fees payable directly to the institutions.  However, the advantage of applying through us, is that most universities will exempt you from paying the application fee (the range can be from $30 USD to $150 USD). 

Can I study two courses at the same time?

Most countries will not allow you to enroll in two programs at the same time, however, it is possible to put together “packages”.  For example, you can study an English language course, for academic purposes, and once you have accomplished your English requirements, you can begin your undergraduate or postgraduate studies.

Can I study part time?

No, international students are not allowed to study part time.  It is an essential requirement that, in order to obtain your student visa, you are enrolled in a full-time program. Please make sure to check with your advisor that the number of subjects in which you will be enrolled, per period, let you remain a full-time student.

Can I do online studies?

Yes! There are some institutions that do have online courses for international students, and even on a hybrid mode.  If you are interested in studying online in an overseas institution, please contact our The Gate Education staff so they can guide you and find the best option.  This is a great way to continue with your education within international standards, while saving in travel and accommodation expenses.

Can I study and work at the same time?

There are some countries that allow you to work part-time (20 hours per week) during study periods, and full-time during vacation periods, while you study. 

It is important to mention that this income will support you with your living expenses.  It is never intended to consider it to cover the costs related to your tuition fees.  Please keep in mind that you should cover your tuition by other means (your own funds or savings, some scholarship and/or a financial loan.

Please contact a The Gate Education advisor to find out all details regarding the countries which will allow you to study and work.

As an international student, can I take my family with me?

There are many countries which allow you, as an international student, to take family dependents with you.  Additionally, the spouse accompanying the international student might be allowed to work full-time, depending on the academic course undertaken by the main visa holder, and the children, if any, are required to go to school by the government of each country.

Please contact a The Gate Education advisor to find out which countries allow you or not, to take family dependents.

I can’t find in your catalogue the country I am interested in. Can you still help me?

At The Gate Education, we try to give you as many destinations options as possible.  We do have agreements with some institutions in countries that are not listed but are still interesting and attractive options for our students.  Please contact one of our advisors if you want to learn more about these other study options or to find out if we have your destination option available.

I want to go live in one of the countries where you have an agreement with institutions, can you help me?

The Gate Education is an education agency and not a migration one, so unfortunately, we cannot assist you in that regard.  

  1. What are the associated costs of studying abroad?

There are different types of costs that you should consider for your studies overseas:

  • Costs for admission process: application fee, English test, document translations and certifications 
  • Costs prior to the trip: visa, biometrics, medical insurance, and airfare
  • Studies: tuition fees, books, and everything related to study expenses.  
  • Cost of living: accommodation, food, payment of services (electricity, water, telephone, etc.), transportation, and recreation.

Once you have chosen your destination country and the institution in which you want to study, we can help you to have an approximate cost of living.

How do I pay for my tuition fees?

It will all depend on the country, the institution, and the type of course you will be studying.  For example, there might be courses that will require the payment per semester, a full year, or even for the whole duration of your course.  Other courses may allow you to make an initial payment and then monthly or partial payments throughout the duration of your course.

Please contact a The Gate Education advisor to help you find your course and find out which payment method will apply to you.

How do I make my payments?

You need to consider that as an international student you will need to pay for tuition fees and other services (accommodation, medical insurance, or other). There are a few options to make payments:

  • Institution’s platform:  you can use the academic institution platform (if available), to make your tuition fee payments via bank transfer or credit card.  Please consider the additional costs involved regarding exchange rate and commission fees.
  • International platform:  we offer this convenient option where you can pay for tuition fees, medical insurance and everything related to your studies, through an international platform which offers a preferential exchange rate and you make a bank transfer in your local currency, thus, avoiding additional expenses such as commission fees.
What are the chances of staying and working once I finish my studies?

This will depend on the country you are studying at, the degree of your studies and the duration of the program. Generally, the programs that qualify for post-study work visas are higher education (bachelor’s and master’s degrees). Some of the countries that allow you to work during and after completing your studies are, among others:  Australia, Canada, Germany, Ireland, New Zealand and United Kingdom.

What are the average salaries for a recent graduate in the countries that I am allowed to work?

Salaries vary from country to country.  Once you have chosen your destination and the course of study, we can give provide you with the information for a starting salary.

Let’s have a chat!

Contact Us